FAQs from Institutions, with responses from Beth: Click here for FAQs for Individuals.
- How can we know whether you can really help us?
We will have a preliminary consultation (at no charge to you) to discuss your needs and goals and whether I can help you. This consultation in no way
obligates you to use my services further. See the Process for Attaining Higher Education Consulting for more detail.
- Our institution may want to contract with you. What should we do next?
Email me to set up a time for a preliminary consultation about your needs and goals. From there, I will develop a proposal with the project description,
intended scope of work, and project timeline. See the Process for Attaining Higher Education Consultation for more detail.
- Are we under any obligations once we have the initial conversation?
Not at all. It costs you nothing to talk to me in this preliminary way and does not obligate you to move forward.
- Will your proposal include costs? Will there be any hidden costs?
The final project proposal will include all costs, including travel costs. No, there will be no "hidden costs," no surprises.
- How do you determine pricing?
Pricing is based on a fair market analysis. In fact, my services are less expensive than some other consultants. I am attempting to be affordable for private,
- Can we negotiate pricing?
No. In listening to your needs and goals, I give you my best rate up front. But we do negotiate the project proposal, adding or subtracting items as you
- What if we aren't comfortable with your proposal? Are we under any obligations at this point?
No. I'll attempt to re-work the proposal to your satisfaction, but if you do not want to proceed, you are not obligated to do so.
- What about travel expenses?
Those will be included in the final project proposal, so that you know exactly what you are paying for.
- Will the information we give you be confidential?
Yes, it is confidential. Your information, your challenges, and our conversations will not be shared with anyone outside of your team
nor without your consent. In my work as a dean, I learned long ago how to maintain confidentiality.
- I'm a dean and I have a personal matter. I don't want payment to you to show up on my institution's billing. How can we handle this?
In this case, we'll follow the process for individual consultation. Do keep in mind that I do not provide psychotherapy or legal advice. Those areas are best
handled by other professionals. But if your matter involves academe, then you are at the right place for support. See the
Process for Attaining Higher Education Consultation and the FAQs for Individuals.
Click to set custom HTML